Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
Went to fish lake last weekend. Beautiful weather, little wind, fantastic fishing. Lost count of the number of rainbows but we did get two cutthroats. I did not realize that they were in there. My wife commented that "we never catch fish like this." Trolled using good old pop-gear and a worm.
Fo you ever catch the lakers or splake
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(09-20-2024, 11:29 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Fo you ever catch the lakers or splake

I have caught splake, not on this trip though. I think the laker's are a lore that is used to get your hopes up.
(09-23-2024, 02:50 AM)Tangled Up Wrote:
(09-20-2024, 11:29 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Fo you ever catch the lakers or splake

I have caught splake, not on this trip though. I think the laker's are a lore that is used to get your hopes up.

There are lakers in Fish lake but there is so many small bait fish and the lakers are so well fed, it would be hard to catch them on a pop gear and worm, unless you get lucky. Probably need to use big lures to catch them. Thanks for the report and welcome to the site.
(09-20-2024, 10:54 PM)Tangled Up Wrote: Went to fish lake last weekend. Beautiful weather, little wind, fantastic fishing. Lost count of the number of rainbows but we did get two cutthroats. I did not realize that they were in there. My wife commented that "we never catch fish like this." Trolled using good old pop-gear and a worm.

I love fishlake, definitely one of my favorite places for catching and scenery.  If you ever get bored you can drop a worm in the moss and catch all the perch.
I caught 4-5 lake trout when I was at Fish Lake in July. We got 8 splake and more rainbows than I can remember number wise. Lake trout were deep, 90 feet. All caught on hoochies or spoons.