Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolob Round #3
Snuck up quick this past weekend, solo trip this time around. Weather was perfect, 45 degrees at 7am and water temps 53 degrees...air warmed to a nice 65 degrees when I left at noon. Water dropped another couple feet since two weeks ago. Found active fish in the same previous spots, didn't have to move much all morning. Lots of fat, aggressive bows to start the day, with a couple nice cutts in the mix. First tiger showed up around 9am, and then it was game on with them! Caught one of the biggest tigers I've caught to date up there, 24". They're getting big in there! Ended up with 12 bows, 2 cutts and 6 tigers. All fish were super fiesty and dogged hard! No brookies again...hoping they'll start showing up here in a few more weeks. Fish were relatively shallow in 4-8 ft of water. Leaves are just starting to turn up there and the eagles were doing their thing...pretty heavenly! Can't wait to get back up! 

[Image: 20240923-101515.jpg]

[Image: 20240923-080036.jpg]

[Image: 20240923-081745.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20240923-140955-Gallery.jpg]

[Image: 20240923-095718.jpg]

[Image: 20240923-103731.jpg]
Dang dude, you have them dialed in! There are some porky trout there!
Thanks for sharing!
Whatever they are feeding on it sure is fattening them up. Those are some hefty trout. Thanks for the report.
yeah for sure...they are THICC right now! I believe the DWR not stocking for awhile after the initial stocking post treatment, and then filling the reservoir up to max capacity for the last 3 years has given these fish very little competition for food. They have finally started stalking some more fish in there this year, but Kolob has just always been a great fishery that produces some big fish! Fun stuff!