Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay 2024
Well, I got a "checking on you" PM from Curt. Reminded me I haven't posted much this summer. 
Could go into a long post but it would be just repetition of my once or twice a week trips to WB. 

Have been staying down in the southern 1/3 of the Bay mostly between the south marina channel and Freeway Bay. 
Got off to a slow start this summer. Had 3 or 4 skunks in a row back in April-May-ish. Then found the Cats where they were spawning. Started averaging 1 to 4 Cats of decent size (20-26 inches) All catches have been CPR (Catch Photograph Release) this year. Have not needed the food, and not had the desire to do the work cleaning them. 

Even boated 3 small Wiper a couple weeks ago. Young and small maybe 10 inches. All released.  

Planning to head back up to south marina tomorrow, Friday.  

Just a few sample pics of catches this year. 

[Image: 029d-24-Sep-2024.jpg]      [Image: 025b-7-Sep-2024.jpg]     [Image: 019a-13-July-2024.jpg]   

"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Good hearing from you Forest, we saw you out there last Friday and I'll be out again tomorrow on Friday. We have spent most of our time off Pelican beach lately, but after the slow start there last Friday, I will be spending more time off the Feed Lot this week. Did you catch those wipers trolling or casting to a boil, just curious if you have seen much bird or wiper surface activity along your favorite stretch of dike.
Was hoping nothing was wrong when I had not seen any reporting. Good to hear from you
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Hey Forest thanks for the update, glad you're still doing well and getting in some fishing time...Good luck this fall... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for the report Forest, good to hear all is well and you have been getting out. That's a nice perch, is it normal for you to catch perch while fishing for cats, in the area you were fishing?