Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolob Round #4
Got back up this weekend, solo trip this time as my oldest had other plans. We've been unusually warm for this time of year, so I was pleasantly surprised to see some nice color changing going on still up there. Came across a small group of Elk on the way up, along with the usual hundreds of deer...really keeps you alert watching for all of that in the dark! Got to the ramp at 0645 and to my spot by 0700. Water temp up 2 degrees from last time, which was expected with the warmer weather. Water still dropping, maybe another foot from last time. Fish still holding in the usual spot. Completed a first for me ever up there...caught the grand slam in four straight casts...tiger first, brookie, cutt and bow! It was nice to finally get into some brookies, ended up with 3. This trip was the trip of bigger cutts...some really thick healthy ones that fought hard! No big tigers, but plenty of decent ones...and some fiesty, thicc bows! Fished from 0700-1100 and called it a morning...20 fish total, not too shabby! Great way to start the weekend! 

[Image: 20240929-074227.jpg]

[Image: 20240929-074737.jpg]

[Image: 20240929-080513.jpg]

[Image: 20240929-081801.jpg]

[Image: 20240929-082627.jpg]

[Image: 20240929-091526.jpg]

[Image: 20240929-111702.jpg]

(09-30-2024, 07:28 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Got back up this weekend, solo trip this time as my oldest had other plans. We've been unusually warm for this time of year, so I was pleasantly surprised to see some nice color changing going on still up there. Came across a small group of Elk on the way up, along with the usual hundreds of deer...really keeps you alert watching for all of that in the dark! Got to the ramp at 0645 and to my spot by 0700. Water temp up 2 degrees from last time, which was expected with the warmer weather. Water still dropping, maybe another foot from last time. Fish still holding in the usual spot. Completed a first for me ever up there...caught the grand slam in four straight casts...tiger first, brookie, cutt and bow! It was nice to finally get into some brookies, ended up with 3. This trip was the trip of bigger cutts...some really thick healthy ones that fought hard! No big tigers, but plenty of decent ones...and some fiesty, thicc bows! Fished from 0700-1100 and called it a morning...20 fish total, not too shabby! Great way to start the weekend! 

*pics won't like like normal, I'll try and post them separately.

We have been having some issues with adding pics but don't give up, it normally works on the second try. 
Sounds like another great trip, Kolob sure has been treating you good this year. Are any of the ones you have caught there over 4 lbs?
Wow a slam in sequence. Got to love it when they line up for the show
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Nice, richy! Are you wading or in a kick boat? Casting out or in to shore?
Alright, finally got pics to load!
(10-03-2024, 06:59 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Alright, finally got pics to load!

Glad it worked this time, great pics of some nice trout.
Dude, that cutty is an absolute SLOB! The last bow there looks like a wild fish!
(10-04-2024, 01:35 PM)joshomaru Wrote: Dude, that cutty is an absolute SLOB!  The last bow there looks like a wild fish!

Yeah, that was a thick a** cutt that put up a heck of a fight for a cutty! That last male bow was the hardest fighting fish of the day, he was fired up! Hoping to find some bigger tigers again tomorrow!