Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawk LXV Overnighter
[size 2]The Corona King charter + 3 walkons (21 total) left L.A. Harbor Sportfishing Friday night & headed to Cat for squid. They floated BIG time. We filled the tanks & headed for SCI. Alas, no YT. We made a couple moves during the day & fished mostly bottom for assorted bass, goats, BIG whitefish (released [Image: frown.gif]) etc. [/size]

It was the wife's first overnighter & she had a blast, so I didn't mind not hunting the YT more. She scored a few nice fish that she could keep and I got to fish with the Acid King & check out a couple of his new creations. Man, I really need to build me an Ulua. Whatta BEAST! [Image: biggrin.gif]

OK. I'm ready for TUNA!

Fishslayer
[signature]
Damn Fishlayer, I would have thought the yellows would have came up to chew on the live candy. What was the water temp like out at San Clemente?

Pretty cool your wife had a good time and didn't get queesy. Thats always my greatest fear first with the first over-nighter, that shade of green some newbies experience.

Sorry I missed you in Del Mar, I was probably out BSN.

When do you think the yellows will start hitting?

Romero
[signature]
They've already started, brah! Check Seaforth reports. They also got some at Cat Saturday. Let's just hope the Mexican commercials don't wrap up the Coronados again...[mad]

Fishslayer
[signature]
Schweet. Are they hitting strictly Live Squid. I am anxious to drop down with a Tady 4/0 Glow Scrabbled eggs with a strip of Rosenthals Glow Paint.

Cant wait to go out.
[signature]
[cool]Unless they're WFO on the iron I'd stick with the live squirts if available. They just can't lay off that candy! All & all, I'd just go with what's workin' that day/hour.[Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]
Right on Fishslayer!

We'll keep our eye on you. You are on the water atleast once a week. Pretty Cool....
[signature]
Slayer,? What was the water temperature like at SCI ? and current ? Please!!!!!
[signature]
Sorry, but I have no idea what the temp was. The current was a hash. Combined with the sometimes stiff breeze we did some pretty wild swinging on the hook.

BooYaa I WISH I could get out that often... [Wink]

03/31: Islander out of 22nd st reported 44 YT for 18 tanglers. An unofficial report said they lost LOTS more than that...[mad]

40# gear. Don't leave home without it... [cool]

Fishslayer
[signature]
Hey fishslayer

Get an Ulua! I finally got to take mine out on the Tracer the weekend before and got a 24lbr on it! On the YO YO! Its tiring on a 9 foot stick but it paid off.

Big and small kill em all

Aaron
[signature]