Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If it smells like a skunk...
Then it's a skunk! I have had the worst luck the last five or so times I've gone fishing. I've been trying Deer Creek and most of the good holes I knew to go to are now Aquarius. I know most guys are having this problem but I haven't been able to find where they all went running. I went on the north side by the dam and didn't catch anything, also over by the state park furthest east and also near rainbow bay. I'm getting a little desperate here. I have been going from the shore around 5-sundown. I have a float tube so I'm thinking of taking that out but I would welcome any suggestions anyone might have. I've thrown pretty much everything I have in my tackle box. PM me if there are any tips you don't want publicly known if you want. I'm open to going other places and have been contemplating the Berry for a couple of weeks. However, last time I went there last fall, I got skunked. Just not a good run for me. Thanks for any help or suggestions!
[signature]
The best suggestion I can give you is to hook up with someone who has been having some success and learn what they are doing. Short of that, if you are going to fish Strawberry, and your goal is to catch fish, definitely tip your tube jigs (I read your request for information that you posted last fall). Fish in water 25 to 30 deep until after about 9:30 to 10 AM and then try 40 to 45' deep. Try fishing vertically and also try casting and bouncing your jig along the bottom back to you.
[signature]