Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL tonight help please
Gonna fish Lindon from shore with a couple friends. We went last weekend fri and sat night fishing from shore only caught one channel and one mud. We were fishing into the harbor.. Both fish were caught fishing on the bottom with worms. We used shrimp as well but only a few bites... Anyone have some tips on what to use as far as bait, I don't have any cut bait available such as white bass or carp. Also technique for shore fishing lindon for channels exclusively.Ive fished ul quite a bit from the shore but never really had great success like multiple channel cat nights so if anyone can give me tips on how to do that I would really appreciate it thanks
[signature]
I have seen guys catch them on the lake side out to the north. I would try that. Like in this area here.
[url "http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lindon+utah&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.157795,78.837891&ie=UTF8&ll=40.329074,-111.766665&spn=0.001487,0.002406&t=h&z=19"]http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lindon+utah&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.157795,78.837891&ie=UTF8&ll=40.329074,-111.766665&spn=0.001487,0.002406&t=h&z=19[/url]
[signature]
I've had better luck fishing out into the lake then in the harbor for the channels. You can also get minnows from Sportsman. If you have a two pole permit try one on the bottom and another just off the bottom under a bobber. Good luck.
[signature]
if your just using a single hook try a treble size 6, get whatever bait your using nice and snug on there. the treble helps hook the fish that just play with the bait and dont swallow it, the cook snags on the harder part of the cats mouth. so losing them souldnt be a problem
good luck
[signature]
One more thing to try is leave your bail open after you cast out. The kitties are kind of like little kids in that sometimes they play with their food before they swallow. Let them take your line out for 10 seconds or more and then set the hook.
[signature]
I agree I grew up down there. Try to get there early enough or purchase a two pole lisence and throw for white bass who knows you may catch a nice eye..
[signature]
I just use worms under a bobber and move until I find them and they want to play. But I have been fishing the reeds in about 4 feet on water.
[signature]