Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview, Lost HUGE Tigermusky today 7/18
I had a huge Musky (25-30lb or bigger)come out from under a bush in the water right at the boat. I drop the lure down and he hit the steel leader instead of the lure. I didn't know he hit just the leader and then he took off like a freight train.... I pulled back to set the hook and I could feel the steel cable sliding thru the teeth of the fish.. Then it just popped out. No hooks in the fish at all.. Look at the steel leader, it ripped the plastic coating in shreds and is all twisted up...
[inline "steal leader after musky.JPG"]

Cant use that one again.. Ended up getting some sunnfish, perch and a nice 16" smallmouth.... Threw everything back..
[inline smallmouth.JPG]

I wasn't gonna go fishing today but left the house around 10:30, fished till around 4:30. I thought I was on the program Deadliest Catch today... I was bouncing in the waves all day and many came over the front as it slammed down.... I am heading to Minnesota in the morning for a week of fishing... see ya all when I get back...
[signature]
I'll bet that really got your attention, LOL
[signature]
Take lot of pictures and post up when you get back. Looking forward to it.

Too bad about the TM, that's a bummer.
[signature]
Hey thanks for the nice report! where where you fishing from?
[signature]
I would say between 48 to 52 inches.
[signature]
from a boat, I am in Minnesota now, I will be headed home sunday. Not much fishing but some, I got some pics to post when I get back or maybe if I get time I will post while still here.

Hey walleye guy are you the one looking for a walleye stamp from here??? If so I bought it and paid the extra money for them to send it to my home address. I will get with you when it shows up at home...

I just checked the MN board and it was UTWALLEYE that is looking for this stamp....
[signature]