Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Help Boys - Want To take A Boat Or Tube Backpacking - What Should I Get?
[font "Verdana"][#ff0000]I have some 30-mile pack trips planned into the Uintas and would love to take something that weighs nothing, floats safely, dry, warm, cheap and durable to fish from. Tall order huh? I know someone out there has the answer. I have never used a tube before. The tubes themselves can be fairly light but the supportive gear weight seems to add up fast. The lakes seem to be about 32 1/2 degrees so not to crazy about getting wet. At this point I am considering a cheep 1 or 2 man 4 pound inflatable with plastic ores, I know, desperate! [/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
you might want to post on the general float tubing board. Lots of people there with the info you need.
[signature]
heres what i use on lakes like butterfly and mirror lake not for the bigger one like strawberry holds 400 lbs also you can get a 4 person ones ive never had any problems hope this helps http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.d...d=10928134
[signature]

The cheap raft maybe the way to go. My tube,waders and fins come in slightly under 7 1/2#. In all reality too much to carry for 30 miles and everything else and keep it enjoyable- it also takes up room. I ended up getting 3 pack goats and wish I would have picked up a 4th one.
[signature]
sounds like thats going to be alot of fun!
[signature]