Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparing for a 4 day fishing Trip
Getting ready to head up to the family reunion at whitney reservoir Wednesday-Sunday. My personal favorate fishing spot, but i've only used worms there before which lead to me catching some ok sized fish around the 13-15 inch range. This year i'm going all artificial, but not sure what to use. Any suggestions on catching BIG fish and by BIG FISH i mean CUTS and TIGERS.[cool] I am thinking BIG FISH big lures. Any opinions and suggestions on how to target BIG cuts and tigers. These are the lures i've bought so far. top one is 5inches long and bottom is 4 inches.[Image: s7_113590_341_01?%24main-Medium%24][Image: s7_113590_021_01?%24main-Medium%24]
[signature]
Don't forget soft plastics (I always thought that they were only for bass) like tube jigs, gulp minnows,etc. Big tigers and cuts eat fish. But small flies also catch big fish. But my biggest cut came on a worm.
[signature]
Thanks nkunz[Wink] I was thinking about taking up my ice pole to use as a jiging pole [cool] I will have to try a jig or two and see what happens. but thanks for the advice
[signature]
Black leech patterns....
[signature]
For both cutts and tigers I would find them then put a three inch pearl white tube jig tipped with chub meat in there face,both species eat minnow and I would think that would work.better than anything for big fish.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Ok i have some minnows to i could use [Wink] thanks alot
[signature]
Be prepare for a snit-fest (stocked nine inch trout) I went there last weekend looking for the tigers and couldn't keep the snits off our lines. The best we did was a 14 inch cut and 15 inch bow when we finally put the lucky craft's on. We didn't even sniff a tiger go luck!
[signature]