Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slowwwww Fishing Whitney
Got back from a 4 day reunion up at whitney reservoir. Fished everyday and everyway there is to fish. I throw worm under a bobber, worm on the bottom, worm floating off the bottom, Power Bait under a bobber, Power Bait floating off the bottom, Spinners, trolling a worm, trolling lures. Well I ended up with 5 fish missed a few hits, my dad caught 6 fish and missed a few. Not very good up there. By the way I happen to see on the way up that the Croyden Exit is open now so you can get to lost creek alot easier now.
[signature]
I was wondering how many times you have fished up at Whitney and if you have had any luck catching big fish (20+). I guess I should first ask if this is the Whitney up in the Uinta's? My father is a big time fisherman and had heard about some big fish being caught up there. I told him I would do some research. Thanks
[signature]
I have caught probably around 10 fish that were 20+ inches which were cutthroat, tiger trout, and a few rainbows. They are in there but you just have to find the fish and fish for big fish. you planning on ice fishing at all up there?
[signature]
I considered it, but in all honest I probably won't get around to fishing up there until later in the year. I have been hearing some reports of people catching big fish up there and wanted to give it a try. What's the biggest fish you have caught up there and what was it? Thanks
[signature]
i have caught one 20inch cutthroat and one 20inch tiger trout. And thats from shore, i'm sure if you did the work to get a boat on there and had a nice fish finder and some tackle for big fish you would slay them.
[signature]