Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
It is supposed to be very cold Tuesday and Wednesday. Near zero .
[signature]
Cold front crossed us as well, got snow in Cache Valley. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope it tacks over. Thanks for the updates. Later J
[signature]
Today 1 fish very cold and windy . 3 of us 3.5 hours . My brother caught this 5.5 pound hybrid .
[signature]
I think today may have been the last day for fishing off the bank . It is going to get very cold for the next 3 days .
[signature]
Pretty fish, but starting to look like winter. Thanks for the update. Later J
[signature]
Henrys Lake was capped this morning per pics posted on FB by the F&G.
[signature]
It was 0 degrees last night and supposed to be tonight. I don't think there will safe ice this weekend . The weekend after . I like at least 3"
[signature]
Dang that’s two weeks too soon!
[signature]
C’mon warm wind!
[signature]
Last night it was -3 degrees. I think there will be safe ice but the 18th . I like at least 3" of ice .
[signature]
curt 69 is the ice holding? i have a cabin scheduled for the 17-18.
[signature]
I think there will be safe ice by then . The outlet has first safe ice . Less wind action .
[signature]
They are ice fishing . Yesterday on 1.5 " a least 2 people went through. Today 2" of ice . I think I will give it a few days , before I will get on it .
[signature]
hadn't heard of anyone going through but can't say I'm surprised when I heard they were fishing on 1.5 inches. I think I'll wait until at least next weekend.
[signature]
This is a picture of the holes in the ice where they went through . Please be safe out there .
[signature]
I saw that they were out on 1.5" on FB and I said to myself how long before folks go in?

There isn't a fish in the world to me thats worth taking a dip through the ice over.

Keep us posted Kurt. Right now im planning on being up saturday but if its not at least 4" ill wait and come up the following weekend.
[signature]
The thing that really bothers me about this is that all over social media, there are pictures of people Ice fishing henrys lake... Next thing you know, somebody who doesn't know better assumes it is safe and brings their kid out on the ice. People who gloat online about fishing on 1.5" of ice are partially responsible for those who unknowingly follow them into the icy water.

To anyone out there who doesn't know, if you are standing on less than 4" of hard clear ice, you are at risk... And exponentially more risk with each inch less than that. You might be fine on 3", you might even be able to fish all day on 2"... If you fish 1.5" you're going to go through, sooner than later. Also, consider that a couple inches of slush on top of the ice on a sunny warm day will greatly degrade the quality of your ice. What was 3" of hard clear at 6am can be 2" of soft ice by 3pm.

Please be safe, people. early ice is very dangerous.
[signature]
+1[fishon]
[signature]
Having lost a good friend through the ice on both Henry's and PaliSades I can tell you it's no joke out there and made much more dangerous with underwater springs that eats the ice from underneath. Safe ice is a must and knowing how to use a spud bar to check the ice even after it's considered safe is hugely important. Anything less is gambling with your life.
[signature]
It was 46 degrees today up here and low is only going to be 31 degrees. It is supposed to get cold this weekend . If you are thinking about coming out I would wait awhile .
[signature]