Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's
We will be up there tomorrow and through the weekend. I’ve never iced fished there. Taking some guys up from work, hoping to give them a good trip, to thank them for there hard work this year. Also hope to get my son on his first fish through The ice. For some reason his sisters always have the luck. Any recommendations would be really appreciated.
[signature]
I'm planning to head up there as wel Friday. Curious if the road to the state ramp is open.
[signature]
Yes a Friend drove by this morning on the way to work . He said there was a lot of people on the ice
[signature]
Heard there were 10 different groups off the state park yesterday early with 6" of ice and fish being caught... I'll be up there tomorrow to join the crowd as well... Be down to the Rose end of the pond though... Good luck all... J
[signature]
Sounds like you might get a shorter list if you ask who won't be there this weekend? I'll be up there tomorrow too... Be fishing off Wild Rose.... Good luck... J
[signature]
The road to the State Park is open with almost no snow on it. Starting Monday, they will be locking the gate near the entrance station and you will no longer be able to drive to the parking area. Your tax dollars at work!

Bill
[signature]
Hey welcome to BFT, I was going to reply earlier today, but I'm far from an expert up there, but I will be there tomorrow early I hope... Some of our group are there catching fish the last two days... They look like good ones, if you can't find other help drop by Wild Rose and we'll be the big group there, I'll have an insulated Frabill tent with an ugly home built smitty sled somewhere by it... Drop in and ask for skunkedagain... In fact I might fly my BFT flag so you can find me... I may be hanging out with IceShanty guys so don't hold that against me too much... Good luck and I hope you have a great trip... We will be more than glad to help where we can... See ya there... Jeff
[signature]
Thanks for that update Bill, that will change the public entry points and put more pressure on stahle's and the county dock I guess... Long walk from the road, especially if there isn't any snow to take a mobile across... Well glad I'll be there before they close it.. thanks for the info... J
[signature]
thanks Jeff. If we get up there early enough to fish tomorrow we will stop by.
[signature]
Sounds good, will be there Saturday as well. Later J
[signature]
This makes me so mad . Reducing the access by 20 percent . I have never seen them close the Park . I have seen mother nature close it .
[signature]
After reading Bill's post, I gave them a call and was awarded with the answer that they had sustained too much damage with people driving through the camp ground when the drifts got too large, I said well let the state plow it out occasionally as its not like it is a full winter issue. Oh no, that's just not possible was the reply.

My biggest beef that I tried to get across to the light in the loafers beauracrat was that this was one of the very few good places for a family activity and easy access for people with small children who want to fish and recreate during the winter.
This will also hamper the access of the folks I see doing the para-ski thing across the lake.

I was told if we parked along the road we would likely be speaking with Fremont sheriffs.

As Bill said "Your tax dollars at work"

Rant over.

Ouzel
[signature]
I agree with you I am so mad I probably won't sleep . I bet Damon Keen is going to get an ear full . Why do they keep Harriman open year round ?
[signature]
Perhaps we should voice our concerns to Boise. I'm pretty sure the decision to lock the gate was made locally.
[signature]
If that is really the problem wait till mother nature creates it . There is less than one inch of snow . No reason to close it now . They have electricity, put in some security cameras. Catch them and make them pay restitution.
[signature]
Look at Ririe, they charge an access fee and keep it plowed. That would cover the costs of keeping it opened till the end of the season. They just need a pay box and steep fine for those that don't pay the fee. I am sure they would earn enough money to pay for the plow to swing through there and keep it open.
[signature]
Been fishing since 6 a.m. at the State ramp with only a couple small ones landed so far. How's everyone else doing? Debating whether or not to try somewhere else.
[signature]
It was not good for me today not one bite . The other 3 people in our group kept 2 nice ones each . My brother kept a 19" Brookie and a 26" male Cutthroat. Try again tomorrow. Next week fishing Wednesday thru Saturday on ATV be more mobile.
[signature]
I fished the State Park this morning. Several groups there without much action. I did land one 8 pounder as I was wrapping up at 10 A.M.
[signature]
Congratulations Bill , nice fish .
[signature]