Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Deer
I thought i would get to write about a successful deer hunt but not gonna happen.

Ive been following a deer for three weeks and finally had a shot opportunity this morning and i took it 20 yard broadside shot.

i hit low right behind the shoulder,i watched the direction he went until he disappeared, i waited half hour before looking for my arrow and found it about 15 yards behind where i hit him, covered in bright red blood from broadhead to nock, but no blood on the ground anywhere, i called in two other guys to help look we searched for 4 hours in the direction he went and down side trails through the sage and scrub oak zig zagged all over and then started from where i saw him last and went in different directions to see if we could find blood but none anywhere im headed back out to find him and i pray i do that is my worst fear about hunting is wounding one and not being able to find it
Recruit more friends. It sucks when you lose one. Hope you find him, good luck!
[signature]
i did i went back out last night and searched for 4 1/2 more hours with 5 guys we searched at least a square mile, unable to find any blood im sure i hit him low in the ribs everyone thinks i hit his front leg i'm going back tonight to search some more there is a lot of hunters in the area i'll ask as many to see if theyve seen him he is a very unique deer a small two point on one side the other antler wraps under his head and forks on the opposite side of his jaw
[signature]