Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 DWR Willard Bay Report
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF]Most Utah waters do get periodic netting surveys. But Willard Bay is the only one for which there are detailed annual reports available to the public. A large part of that is due to the efforts of Chris Penne and other biologists who participate in the studies and then generate the reports. And Chris has been willing to provide me a copy when I ask, along with permission to share it on the board.

It helps that Chris is an avid and knowledgeable angler...and that he also spends a lot of time actually fishing on Willard. So his perspective is different than that of some other biologists who approach the studies strictly from the science end of things.

In truth, I have never fully explored the potential for getting similar reports on other Utah waters. I suspect there is something available. I have been fortunate in developing reciprocity relationships with several of the Utah DWR biologists and will assign myself to make contacts and try to find out what else might be available.

Otherwise, if you want to make your own queries, I have found that most DWR people are open and approachable...if you use proper channels and show proper respect. You can check the [url "https://wildlife.utah.gov/about-us/contact-us.html"]DWR Website[/url] (link) for lists of employees...with phone numbers and email addresses. I have always gotten phone messages returned and emails answered when I have specific questions.

[/#0000FF][/quote]

Thanks. I will reach out. I hoped I was just looking in the wrong spot. Those reports have great info to better understand the state of the fishery.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
2016 DWR Willard Bay Report - by TubeDude - 02-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Re: [TubeDude] 2016 DWR Willard Bay Report - by cje04 - 02-23-2017, 02:58 AM