Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay night fishing access
[#0000FF]I have done well inside the marina at night in the past. Try to find an area with a light shining into the water and fish around the edges. Or...as some guys do...bring one of those green submersible lights and hang over the side of the boat. That brings in the zooplankton...then the shad....then the predators.

One of the guys I talked to at the south marina said he had been catching a few crappies inside the south marina...at night. And as I was going out early Thursday morning I saw a school of crappie-ish marks right off the end of the point to the north of the ramps.

Going back a few years there used to be an overhead light near the point of the dike on the south side of the channel at the south marina. During the summer I would park my kids under that light while I tubed out in the main channel for cats. They caught lots of crappies with a jig under a bobber. I still laugh when I remember seeing my daughter launch a crappie back over her head when she got spined.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [doitall5000] Willard bay night fishing access - by TubeDude - 07-30-2017, 04:37 PM