Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWR stocking report?
[quote fishnate]

As far as your fish kill goes, it was probably oxygen deficit from an algae bloom or some other vegetation die off.[/quote]

This is exactly what it was....and it isn't unusual for Minersville. The scary thing about Minersville this year is that the small fish that were stocked in the early summer/late spring are not showing up. I know that triploid rainbows sometimes have poor survival rates when stocked and I am worried this is what happened. I don't think Minersville is supposed to be getting triploid bows, but sometimes it happens when hatcheries aren't meeting quotas. I hope that is not the case. As for the LMB, Minersville has been stocked with them in the past. When stocked in the past, the young of the year fish never grew large enough to make it through the winter. It will be interesting to see what happens now...my bet is that only stocked fish will survive and the reservoir will never be able to become a self-sustaining LMB fishery. I hope they are able to stock the heck out of it with bows this upcoming year. It seems obvious that the rainbow number are down...
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
DWR stocking report? - by castnshoot - 09-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Re: [fishnate] DWR stocking report? - by TT600 - 09-23-2017, 09:04 PM
Re: [TT600] DWR stocking report? - by harlin - 09-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Re: [fishnate] DWR stocking report? - by wormandbobber - 09-25-2017, 03:44 PM