Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview slow but caught one long one
[#0000FF]It is possible...and sometimes productive...to fish off the rocks down below the caretakers' facilities...just east of the buoy line. See map and pics.

I have fished that area a lot from float tubes and often fished by casting back in toward shore and working my jigs down the slope in shallower water. The bluegills are often quite a bit shallower than the crappies.

You can access a couple of spots that are not too steep but if you do fish from shore be very careful. It is steep and the rocks are sometimes loose.

There are not many places around the lake where you can fish from shore and reach water deep enough to hold fish at this time of year. In years past I did well on the fish by rigging a slip bobber to present my small worm-sweetened tube jigs at about 20 feet...adjusting as needed. But if you can handle getting snagged in the rocks more often you can just make long casts semi parallel to the shoreline...into the depth you discover the most fish.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Springbuck] Pineview slow but caught one long one - by TubeDude - 11-13-2017, 05:38 PM