Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry, yesterday
I saw this might be the last warm weekend and decided to give strawberry a try. Many, many people had the same idea, unsurprisingly. I hiked my float tube into the south end of the lake and planned to have a great afternoon. Not sure why, but I did not. I struggled to get a bite and finally caught one nice cutthroat on a size 12 prince nymph trailing a dungeon streamer. Maybe the fish have moved out since last time I was there? If you were at strawberry yesterday and did well, then you must know something I don't.

I stopped by Haws Point on the way out around dusk and there were quite a few trout rising, but most looked quite small.

A beautiful, relatively calm day on the water. Even with my winter waders though, my feet were cold by the end. Maybe if I'd have caught more fish, they would stay warmer?

Addendum: I also went to the lower provo a few days ago for a couple of hours before dark. A couple average sized browns taken right on the bottom, but not much to report there either. A few scattered rises on small BWO's, but didn't get any to come for that pattern.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry, yesterday - by _6x_ - 11-26-2017, 09:48 PM
Re: [_6x_] Strawberry, yesterday - by remo_5_0 - 11-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Re: [_6x_] Strawberry, yesterday - by Troll - 11-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Re: [_6x_] Strawberry, yesterday - by ru22dizzle - 12-04-2017, 02:42 AM