Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have knowledge of garden tillers
I swapped a Harbor Freight 6HP motor with a Briggs 5 HP on a Sears rear tine no problems for 3 years. The only issue I have had is the new motor has a low oil shut off, if you tilt it to much it will switch the motor off. Not a big deal tend to tip the tiller when turning it has only happened a couple times and I think it is probably a good safety feature. I had bought a new Snapper commercial lawn mower with a Honda engine to replace my old Snapper with a Briggs engine that had died.. After putting the Harbor Freight motor on my tiller and it working so good I decided to pull the motor off the old Snapper and replace it with one from Harbor Freight. The mount up was the same but the shaft size was a smaller diameter. Snapper sold the pulley with the smaller center hole same size outer diameter and the part the blade mounts on with the smaller diameter mounting hole. Motor and two new parts the mower was running like new for $125.00. Wish I had the $800 I spent on the new Snapper back. The Harbor Freight motor starts easier than the Honda been using that one for three years doing my lawn I use it and let my son use the new one.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [wiperhunter2] Anyone have knowledge of garden tillers - by lifeshort - 02-05-2018, 02:22 PM