Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A nice day at Willard............
Hey doitall, I aint never had a boat with 2 motors, at least not 2 100 HP. Just got a 15 HP 4 stroke Merc on my little 14 footer. The Bimini top works pretty good, as long as the sun is straight up over it or the rain is light and falling straight down.

It isn't any problem to put up, just lift the 2 front supports, secure them to the threaded mounts on the gunwale, take the boot off, and pull it open. Closes just as easy. It is tall enough for me (5'11") to stand under it and not hit my head.
It can get in the way of fishing sometimes when it's up. Have to reach a pole out and around the supports if I'm fighting a fish running from end to end, but I never lost a fish because of it.

I would say the biggest draw back is: if it is up and open when a big wind comes up, it acts like a sail. That's not good when you are fighting white caps.

I attached a photo of it down and stowed, and up but not open. Funny thing, can't find any photos with it up and open.

If you are looking for a good top that is well built and at a fair price, I can recommend Brian's Canvas in the Freeport Center Industrial area.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
A nice day at Willard............ - by Tin-Can - 09-20-2018, 11:38 PM
Re: [doitall5000] A nice day at Willard............ - by Tin-Can - 09-25-2018, 10:47 PM