Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raccoons in my yard
You can usually get those traps from the Animal Control Officer (dog catcher) in your town. You call them when you've caught one and they come and euthanize them and take them away. Or, you could haul them way the heck off out in the boonies and release them if you want. Just don't put them where they can become someone else's problem. We experienced that in a California State Park once. Dozens of the suckers invaded camp after dark and we had to shoot them with cap guns. No joke[Smile]. They aren't allowed to kill any so lots are released in the not-so-wild. They will not survive a direct hit from a large rock, though. They're hard to miss in the bottom of a 55-gallon barrel. Have used all these methods and don't really prefer one over the other. It all just depends on the situation. I respect almost every living thing's right to live appropriately within their natural habitat. However, when they come into campgrounds and yards I send both raccoons and rattlesnakes to the happy hunting ground.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
Raccoons in my yard - by rgreenland - 11-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Re: [wiperhunter2] Raccoons in my yard - by catchinon - 11-11-2018, 06:53 AM
Re: [rgreenland] Raccoons in my yard - by r2u2 - 11-11-2018, 12:40 PM