Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Burning Question About Lake Powell Stripers???
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The best info that you can find about [/size][/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Lake[/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] Powell[/font][/size][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] fishing is at www.wayneswords.com. If you post a message over there Wayne will often respond himself along with several guys that fish [/size][/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Lake[/size][/font][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] Powell[/font][/size][size 3][font "Times New Roman"] year round. You can answer many of your questions by doing a search on the wayneswords message board. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]If I had to choose one time to fish for the 2004 Lake Powell stripers it would be during the summer boils. October is the best choice for an all around enjoyable fishing trip because the crowds will be gone. A boat running over top of a boil you are fishing can be very frustrating.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Last spring the striper fishing wasn't as good as other years because there were plenty of shad for the stripers to feed on. There are still plenty of shad in the lake so this spring will likely be a repeat of last spring. In 2004 the striper fishing won't likely get really good until the boils start in late June or early July. I would recommend planning a trip when the stripers are boiling because I think catching one striper out of a boil is as much fun as catching 5 stripers on anchovies or trolling. The fall will probably be the best time to catch the stripers this year but the number of boils may decrease by then if the stripers eat most of the shad during the summer. The stripers are also considerably larger in the fall when they have a good forage base of shad during the spring and summer.[/font][/size]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [DBW] A Burning Question About Lake Powell Stripers??? - by BrianID - 02-20-2004, 07:32 PM