Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using corn as bait, Bait & Scent - Kokanee
Coming from a corn legal state I have used corn almost exclusively but have used the maggots as a result of fishing the Gorge many times prior to corn being legal. The maggots are great for ease and just adding scents to the jar and having different colors if you want that. I haven’t dyed corn for years, messy and didn’t add anything to catch rates IMO, seemed gear or dodger changes were more productive. Walmart has been the primary place where I’ve gotten my shoe peg corn. I get some of those small disposable plastic containers and divide the can between at least 4 containers and then scent each container with scents I want with me or leave Unscented for “scenting” while on the water if I hear x scent is working. I have frozen extra corn and used it the next year and keep the leftover in my garage fridge for the next trips. For the time on the water I have a small cooler I keep the corn and scent in while on the water once it starts getting warm. New scents are purchased every year, Kokanee feast or other krill type scent and tuna are my go to. For the tuna I use the oil from a can or foil of tuna from the store mainly but bloody tuna has also been good
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [liketrolling] Using corn as bait, Bait & Scent - Kokanee - by 2knots - 04-14-2019, 03:11 PM