Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling motor battery question
Forgive me if I get too in the weeds or basic for stuff you already understand, but the engineer nerd in me comes out at times and I can't help it... When you get a trolling battery you're correct to get a deep cycle so it is designed for the charge deplete cycles used for a trolling battery. The second thing to look for is the Amp-Hour rating, the higher the amp hour rating the longer the battery will last. Here's where it get's weird some size 24 batteries actually can have a higher AH rating than the size 27's, but you have to check each battery to see what they are good for. What the AH rating means is for a 10 amp load running on a 100 Ah rated battery, it should theoretically last 10 hours... Now things aren't always perfect, but that's how that value is supposed to work... If you know your amp load for that motor on each speed setting you can figure out approximately how long your batteries will last... Make sure to leave you a safety factor because they never last as long as they should... Also the high speeds on that electric motor really sucks the battery fast... I have a similar motor on my toon and if I run it on 5 it will drain my battery in less than an hour... Where trolling on 1 or 2 I can fish most of the day with one battery... Good luck, hope I didn't cloud the issue too badly... J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Trolling motor battery question - by SBW - 05-22-2019, 02:50 PM
Re: [SBW] Trolling motor battery question - by SkunkedAgain - 05-23-2019, 04:54 PM