Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sleeping in state park parking lots
When I camped at the way overpriced Sand Hollow State Park, I asked about it. That was years ago, so I don't remember the exact words, but it must have been threatening enough that it influenced me to pay the overpriced rate.

That patch of sand under my vehicle got almost the same price as advertised on a billboard for a St. George motel offering air conditioning, kitchen, breakfast and cable television.

I also remember exploring the alternatives of sleeping in my vehicle. The laws and penalties were such that they are used to get full compliance with their overpriced rates and not have people finding alternatives.

Recently, I slept in my vehicle at Tibble Fork Reservoir after asking about that and they said that I could do that.

Perhaps someone will give the information for other state parks. I'm also interested.

I like the idea of arriving late, going to sleep and being right there to fish before the sun comes up without driving sleepy or being in a rush.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fish_hntr] sleeping in state park parking lots - by RonPaulFan - 08-05-2019, 04:07 AM