Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Blew it!!! Dang it
I’ve been trying to find me a bumper cat for the contest the last few weekends putting in the night shift and paying some rough dues. Well I’m out again tonight and it’s cold and way slow fishing and then my line takes off so I let it run out 30-40’ and set the hook. This time I nailed it and the battle was on it peeled line and drag multiple times with long ole runs that I couldn’t stop. Then it launched full body out of the water broadside to me in the moonlight and it was by far the biggest cat I’ve had all year. Well I keep fighting and figured as soon as it wore down I’d land it. It was my heavy braid line so I thought so I figured I’ve got this one. Well it took off on another big screaming run and I figured I’d slow it down so I leaned into it and snap and it was gone. Dang it. I forgot I had an 8” lengthof mono at the hooks and that’s where she broke. Wow what a fish even in the moon light it was impressive. Dang dang dang. So much for my chances to regain the north’s top twenty lead. Fun times. Later J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
I Blew it!!! Dang it - by SkunkedAgain - 09-13-2019, 03:55 AM