Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maintain your batteries over winter
I presently have a Cabelas AGM group 24 ,bought onsale in June 2012. Its sits on a wooden shelf in the garage in the heat of summer ,cold of winter.

Its charged up after every use, never sat for very long uncharged. When not in use during the winter I occasionally charge it, especially now that its over 7 years old. I put it on the charger a few days ago ,hadn't seen a charger for a month, it took less then five minutes for it to pop to 100%.. Its gets hauled to Montana every summer ,and used frequently for six weeks, as well as here locally.

Sold on AGM for the electric trolling motor. I was told a few days as I was going to make a purchase on a new pair of truck batteries for my diesel truck, that AGM batteries cannot be jumped, and only trickle charged, they were pretty adamant about that. Although there has never been a reason to jump the AGM battery I do have, I do charge it with a charger that has the AGM charging mode .

Not sure about the trickle charge or not being able to jump start AGM batteries in a vehicle . Not too concerned , I didn't buy AGM for the truck .
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [dubob] maintain your batteries over winter - by up2nogood - 11-04-2019, 07:32 PM