Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
maintain your batteries over winter
I store my boat covered and under a carport, but outside. I leave my batteries on the boat and just plug in my NOCO on-board, two bank (10 amps per bank) charger all winter. Its a "smart" charger so it only charges when the batteries drop below a certain level of charge. The electric bill is about nill. My batteries last 6-8 years and they are Group 24 lead acid. One is a crank battery the other a deep cycle. Oh, my batteries are sealed so no fluid levels to check! I just check to make sure there is no corrosion on the terminals. (with sealed batteries, I have never had any corrosion either!) WHY ON EARTH ANYONE DOESN"T HAVE AN ON-BOARD CHARGER ON THEIR BOAT IS BEYOND ME!! Its the best investment (about $100 or so when on sale) for your boat and for your sanity! You don't have to uncover your boat, and don't have to go digging to get to batteries with a normal battery charger, and a simple, easy plug in with a regular extension cord after a fishing trip.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [liketrolling] maintain your batteries over winter - by BearLakeFishGuy - 11-06-2019, 03:45 AM