Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Resolutions State of Utah should make:
Can I add my wish list? I don't fish Strawberry often enough to have any real opinion on that issue. But I do fish the Bear River in the Bird Refuge, both on the water and from the banks. I would love to see the use of cut White Bass allowed on that portion of the river.
White Bass can only legally be used as bail at Utah Lake. White Bass sizes have become rather stunted the past several years, and that may be part of the reason the state took the catch and keep limit off of them.
If I was to take DEAD White Bass from UL to BR, and cut that WB for bait, what harm would it do? By the time the water reaches that part of the river (west of I15) it's sole uses are to irrigate, and provide water in the Water Fowl Refuge areas. Once it finally gets past the Water Fowl hunting areas at the far west end of the river, whatever is left runs on into the Salt Lake, right? Anything that is in that water and makes it past the last water fowl ponds, sure is not going to survive when it hits the GSL. And if it was dead, cut bait, to begin with, why not allow it. It couldn't be any worse that all the other various baits I've seen used on that river.

Maybe because the BRBR is both a Federal and a State managed area, the allowable fishing bait issue is complicated by 2 jurisdictions? I don't know. Just ranting I guess.
[fishon]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
Re: [MrShane] Two Resolutions State of Utah should make: - by Tin-Can - 01-09-2020, 07:35 PM