Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek/Jordanelle/Strawberry
(05-07-2020, 06:24 PM)P4NDA Wrote: Thanks for the responses so far guys! 

I should have mentioned some of my gear -

Fish Finder: Yes 
Downriggers: No. Sad I've been using a clip on weight to get down further if needed
Lead Line and Poles: Yes
We've been trying for Rainbows and Kokanee. I was told Kokanee setups have good luck with Rainbows as well. Kind of like a 2 in 1. 

Last year I would go in and just talk to the guys at Sportsmans or Cabelas. I went off of what they were recommending. I got a few things of pop gear, Flashers, different color squids, and wedding rings. Used the colored Berkley Gulp Maggots and Worms as bait. We only got skunked a couple times. I just feel like it's really slow compared to when I look at posts on here and see you guys killin it!

I've never really tried spinners, spoons, flatfish, triple teasers, or jakes. Do you run those alone of with flashers, etc... I'll have to do some reasearch on them. I was planning on going up to Deer Creek on Saturday with some buddies. Any spots that you guys would recommend? Again, I really appreciate all the help! Smile

Most of the lures I mentioned can be used without a dodger. F7 flatfish is a good size and if you put that on your lead line with a short leader and use a snap swivel you should be able to catch some at Deer Creek. I'd start at about 3-4 colors of lead line but use your finder to see how deep they are and adjust. It you use a Triple Teaser don't use a snap swivel but tie it directly to your leader for better action. The thing I llike about flatfish is the good action that tells you if it's working properly while you are trolling. If you get a weed or hooks across the line it won't work so it's quite easy to tell when you need to check it.

Messages In This Thread
Deer Creek/Jordanelle/Strawberry - by P4NDA - 05-07-2020, 03:53 PM
RE: Deer Creek/Jordanelle/Strawberry - by P4NDA - 05-07-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: Deer Creek/Jordanelle/Strawberry - by FishfulThinkin - 05-07-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Deer Creek/Jordanelle/Strawberry - by P4NDA - 05-07-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Deer Creek/Jordanelle/Strawberry - by _6x_ - 05-08-2020, 03:54 PM
RE: Deer Creek/Jordanelle/Strawberry - by P4NDA - 05-10-2020, 03:20 AM