Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Convention at Lincoln Beach 6-23-20
Fished at Bird Island this morning. Met Fast Randy in the parking lot at about 5:30, good to meet him. His plan was to catch a limit and then head back to his home in Idaho. Kinda made me appreciate my 15 minute drive to Lincoln.

Fishing was good at the Island. I anchored up on the south side and made my casts toward the shore about 6 feet from the shore. Before i could rig my second pole the first bobber disappeared. Turned out to be a nice 27 inch daddy cat. I  caught about six cats at the island before the waves chased me away. All of them were a very dark color, the 27 incher was the biggest.

The wind was coming from the south so I headed to the south shore where the water was calm. I fished in depths form 4-8 feet. I caught about 6 or 7 there and all of them were the greenish gray color, no dark ones. 

I am out of white bass so used frozen carplettes for bait. I wanted to shoot a carp for fresh bait but could not get one. Lots of them on the shore on the north side of channel but they are very spooky and I could not get a good shot off. 

The action should pick up again when the spawn subsides. I think TD's suggestion to fish at night will produce some bigguns in a couple of weeks. I'm stocking up on skeeter spray so I'll be ready for some night action. 

To be continued...

Messages In This Thread
RE: BFT Convention at Lincoln Beach 6-23-20 - by Boatloadakids - 06-24-2020, 04:52 PM