Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT Convention at Lincoln Beach 6-23-20
(06-24-2020, 03:48 AM)TubeDude Wrote:

As most of us "seasoned" cat-chasers come to learn, catfish will show up and bite according to THEIR schedule...not yours.  Every year seems to be different.  This year the water levels have been high...for a good spawn...but that also tends to spread the fish out into more area.  And then the up and down temperatures do affect the temp-sensitive kitties.  When the water reaches and sustains 75 or more the game will be on.  But when the water gets above 80 you will do better at night for the biggest fish.  Remember?
 I'm slowly gaining experience, and I'm convinced the temperature thing matters SO much.  For all species, but especially the catfish in the spring.   From April to June (about), if I fish after a three day WARMING trend, I'll get into nice cats from shore.  If it just rained, a front dropped the temps, or cold wind roiled the lake, no dice.   Likewise, sometimes even if it's cooler but stable, I can catch a few farther out, along some magic 6 foot deph line or something similar.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BFT Convention at Lincoln Beach 6-23-20 - by Springbuck1 - 06-25-2020, 01:40 PM