Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington and Scofield report: 12/4
Got to Huntington by about 8:30 this morning. Solid 8" of ice everywhere I went, and the snow wasn't too bad and no slush. I tried fishing at 10 feet deep, and walked a ways out to 16 feet deep. One hole I drilled started to fill up with tons of tiny bugs. They were so small they just looked like black specks, but I could tell they were alive by the way they were swimming in the hole. No luck for fish anywhere I tried, so I left at 1:30 and thought I'd check out Scofield.

There were more people at Scofield but the ice was beautiful and clear, sold black. Like walking on a mirror (bring cleated soles if you can). I set up a jaw acker first with a white Ratso and meal worm close to the bottom. Before I could get my jigging pole out, the jaw jacker snapped up with a bite, and I pulled in a nice fat cutthroat. I proceeded to catch more with the jar jacker and others jigging with a white tube jig tipped with meal works or a night crawler. I caught about 8 in 2 hours, all were nice and healthy, not like some of the skinny ones I had seen reported this summer. 

Sure was a great day to get out.

Messages In This Thread
Huntington and Scofield report: 12/4 - by ofishal_chris - 12-05-2020, 03:20 AM
RE: Huntington and Scofield report: 12/4 - by Fritzfishin - 12-05-2020, 04:00 AM