Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith and Morehouse ice fishing questions
(12-19-2020, 03:46 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: They have been planting arctic grayling, since 2012, and they have been planting kokanee, since 2015, in Smith and Morehouse.  I think it would be a fun ice fishing destination to try and catch those two species (especially grayling through the ice).  If I can talk one or two of my buddies, who have a snowmobile or a Snowdog into joining me, I would like to take a run up there on my snowmobile this winter.  Can anyone tell me if there is a plowed area where one can park trailers, where the road branches off of the main road above Oakley, and heads on up to Smith and Morehouse?  Any other information that one can share about access, or snow drifting, or where to target during the winter, would be appreciated.
Kent... if you pick the right day, I would enjoy going with you.  I have reworked my sled I pull behind my snowmobile and mounted it on ski's.  Not top heavy any more and I don't have that flat bottomed sled to create drag to bog me down.  The trip could not be anymore of a disaster than the last one we went on.  I learned something that day, get some mini snow shoes like you have.  I don't visit this site too much yet as the ice season is just getting started.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smith and Morehouse ice fishing questions - by Bow-Dude - 12-20-2020, 03:53 AM