Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater cameras for ice fishing
I started off with a Aqua-Vu when they first came out and really enjoyed it. After a break from ice fishing for a few years I picked up a cheap knock off that was advertised as a boat hull inspection tool for a low price just to find out that the viewer screen sucked, the cable to the camera developed a short and would flicker in and out when fishing in water deeper than 20', and it only came with a three amp hour battery. One other thing was that the angle of the camera was rather narrow and if you set it to where you could see your bait then you couldn't see much of what was going around you. If you set it up to see more area then you ran into the bait being hard to see either from water quality or bait size.

I just picked up a Marcum and took it out the other day and it performed well in water that you could only see about three feet in. Also be aware that most of the camera will only work down to 30-40'. After that you really start to lose the light to see much and most of the time if you turn the lights on the camera on the plankton will get thick enough that you can't see what's going on anyway.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.

Messages In This Thread
Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by gaardvark - 12-27-2020, 08:31 AM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by a_bow_nut - 12-27-2020, 05:26 PM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by T-Boz - 12-28-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by dubob - 01-01-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by dubob - 01-01-2021, 04:14 PM