Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater cameras for ice fishing
(12-27-2020, 08:31 AM)gaardvark Wrote: I have been looking at underwater cameras, primarily for ice fishing. This has led me to find both name-brand and off-brand cameras. Generally, I think there are some things you are better off paying full price for, and I have assumed a live action underwater camera is probably one of those things.

Any recommendations are certainly welcome, but most specifically I am wondering if anyone has tried one of the off brand cameras. One that keeps popping up is the EYOYO camera system. Has anyone used one of these? How did it perform compared to any aqua vu or marcum unit?

Also, I understand water quality is a major factor in the usefulness of such a camera. Since I mainly fish in the northern portion of the state, can anyone tell me whether a camera is able to provide clear visibility at Hyrum, Newton, or Mantua?

Any input or advice is welcome.
Today was my first day out with the aqua vu 715c. Price point for this camera is $300. It has 75’ of cable which is one reason I decided to go with it. The plankton in the water made viewing difficult at times and someone mentioned the view is not very good in the sun so It was best seen in my tent! I fished in 30’ of water and used the camera with and without the Infrared light. The plankton is much more apparent when the infrared light is on. I only saw one fish today on my camera but it was a very impressive trout! I can’t wait for the day I drop into a whole school!! Also I had about 5 hours on the camera and I was down to the last bar of battery. I am satisfied with mine as it’s the only one I’ve known but I’d like to see the marcum one day to compare image quality in similar conditions

Messages In This Thread
Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by gaardvark - 12-27-2020, 08:31 AM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by T-Boz - 12-28-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by dubob - 01-01-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by dubob - 01-01-2021, 04:14 PM