Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater cameras for ice fishing
Sean, I have the Marcum Recon 5, it's probably the cheapest model and from what I'm hearing they have much better ones to offer, but I'm not filming a movie, i want to see what is happening around my hook... Water clarity is a huge factor, but I can see fine in the range that you need to see at Hyrum, Newton and Porcupine... Provided it's in less than 30' as mentioned you lose light fast as you get deeper and all that has been said about plankton and lights I agree with... Cutler, however you can't see much, it's like fishing in the fog, you can only see a foot at best, so stuff shows up before you can react to it... The Recon 5 also has a smaller viewing angle than I'd like, but it has sort of a fisheye effect so you can maybe see 90 degrees... I haven't seen any cameras that show you more, but I wish they would figure out how to give you a larger viewing angle... To me, you need to see a wide angle, but not very far, because water clarity will never let you see more than 10 feet at best... Hyrum or Newton perch fishing is a blast with the camera, you can see them come in herds and I actually was able to pull the hook away from the smaller fish and target the larger fish... I highly recommend the camera for those two ponds, however, I don't always use it due to set up time... Anyway you are welcome to come check mine out and see what you think... I'd sure prefer to see one in use before I buy them... Then you know what to expect... Let me know when you're going to be somewhere and maybe I can join you... I might be heading to Hyrum on New Years day.... That would be a good spot to see what it can do... Just not sure if it will be thick enough to take all the gear yet... I may still be in bucket mode... Let me know...Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by gaardvark - 12-27-2020, 08:31 AM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by T-Boz - 12-28-2020, 02:42 AM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by SkunkedAgain - 12-30-2020, 01:43 PM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by dubob - 01-01-2021, 02:21 PM
RE: Underwater cameras for ice fishing - by dubob - 01-01-2021, 04:14 PM