Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need your help with Walleye.
HA! You can't catch walleye on purpose. It's a myth. I've been trying to get someone to teach me for 20 years, but they know, deep down it was an accident last time, so nobody will.

The only sure method I know of to catch walleye is to watch me trying to catch one, using recommended methods, at recommended "hot" times and places, for about 4 hours, then walk up next to me, put exactly the same bait I've been using on your Snoopy pole, and hang on to your pole!

I once had six Asian guys all wade-fishing the freezing AF River during run off, each show me exactly how to do it, right down to how they hook their worm and mandatory jig sizes. Every method was completely different, but from dusk until darkness, one by one, each caught a giant walleye and left with their prizes, while I stood in their very bootprints using their methods until I dragged my hypothermic butt home, fishless.

My OWN FATHER, if you can imagine, ignored my jig and nightcrawler advice, freshly gleaned from a very successful fisherman, glommed a ball of rainbow Powerbait (!) onto a treble hook and dumped it weightless and unceremoniously off the west dike at Willard Bay. He managed not one, but TWO that night.

I watched a kid catch a 22"-er at Willard, inches from the bank, a scraggly worm scarcely 10" under an obscenely large bobber, on the hottest day in August at midday. Right where I was catching green sunfish moments before.

Catching walleye is simply something luck lets you do, or doesn't, like those ugly guys all the women want, or the meanspirited, uncouth moron who makes money without trying hard. Don't let 'em fool you. Don't get your hopes up, young man. There is nothing to "learn".

The most important part of "walleye" is "lie".

LOL.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 07:59 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by _6x_ - 02-10-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by MWScott72 - 02-10-2021, 09:44 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by Mildog - 02-10-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 11:20 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by Therapist - 02-10-2021, 11:34 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by TubeDude - 02-10-2021, 11:49 PM
RE: I Need your help with Walleye. - by Springbuck1 - 02-19-2021, 12:33 AM