Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another decent day at Willard
Hit Willard again today with Liketrolling and Wiperslayer. Got on the water around 7:30 am water temp was 50 degrees. Headed back to the spot Ira and I had fished last week and started trolling cranks, nothing, so we broke out the Fligs and the fun began. Nothing over 22" on this trip but the kitties were frisky and gave us a good fight, we got 10 in the net before the action died around 12:30, so we move to the North dike. Robert wanted to check out his mega 360 and we knew a spot we wanted to check out right off the N dike, pretty amazing how well his 360 in combination with side scan worked, so clear we could see just what we were looking for. Not sure if there had been an old bridge there at one time but there was a road, which is now under water, then a deep hole, then the road continued on the other side of the hole. We had found it a few years ago but just could not tell what it was, from what we could tell on this trip there was either a bridge there at one time or someone dug a deep hole right in the middle of the road. After we were done exploring we had a little time before we were planning on leaving, so we went back to fligging and picked a smaller cat, then a kitty triple and we decided to end the trip there on that high note. Nothing pic worthy today, saw Suzuki Blue out there right before we left and shared greeting. Thanks Robert for bringing your boat up and allowing us to share a day on the water, awesome electronic. Water temp got up to 55 degrees around 1:30 pm in the North marina before we loaded the boat, I think it was 54 in the Bay. Won't be long now before the catching of wipers and eyes start in earnest, I'm ready.

Messages In This Thread
Another decent day at Willard - by wiperhunter2 - 04-13-2021, 01:33 AM
RE: Another decent day at Willard - by jjannie - 04-13-2021, 03:34 PM
RE: Another decent day at Willard - by BSF - 04-13-2021, 07:02 PM
RE: Another decent day at Willard - by RockyRaab2 - 04-13-2021, 07:22 PM
RE: Another decent day at Willard - by a_bow_nut - 04-14-2021, 05:33 AM
RE: Another decent day at Willard - by a_bow_nut - 04-15-2021, 05:16 PM
RE: Another decent day at Willard - by a_bow_nut - 04-15-2021, 05:44 PM