Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preston Area Water Levels
(08-17-2021, 02:04 AM)gstott Wrote: So I moved to Washington about three and a half years ago, but I miss the area and want to move back. I was trying to do that this summer, but the insane housing market caused my plans to fall through. However, things seem to be calming down a little and I’m hoping to make it happen around the first of the year. I’m concerned about the drought and how the reservoirs are doing with it. Anyone have any current report of how they’re doing?  I’d hate to move back only to find they all got drained and I hardly have any fishing options.

I know that the reservoirs owned n operated by Consolidated Canal Company are basically shut down from very very little water. You cant launch a boat at Glendale but if you can carry a floatable watercraft of any kind and comply with their regs for being on the water, you can get out n fish.  The ramp is the only place you can really get to the water due to the very very soft mud along the banks.

I know there is a Facebook page for those waters owned by Consolidated it is - https://www.facebook.com/FranklinCountyR...e_internal

And here is the link to Twin Lakes - http://twinlakescanalcompany.com/recreation.html

This time of year almost all of the waters around Preston are hard pressed to get much more than a small light weight canoe or float tube on them due to how low they normally are. I would contact the canal companies if you have more questions unless someone has been there recently.  I was going to go 2 weeks ago to Glendale but they shut down end of July to bigger boats as the ramp was high n dry Sad 

Good luck.  I wouldnt count on moving back here just to fish those bodies of water, in most recent years, it's been the same due to high demand for irrigation water and I dont foresee it changing. But, Good luck and hope you get back if that's what you want.

Messages In This Thread
Preston Area Water Levels - by gstott - 08-17-2021, 02:04 AM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by duksnfish - 08-17-2021, 01:11 PM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by gstott - 08-17-2021, 06:48 PM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by fast_randy - 08-31-2021, 09:06 PM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by gstott - 08-31-2021, 10:17 PM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by fast_randy - 08-31-2021, 11:37 PM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by gstott - 08-31-2021, 11:46 PM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by 10_ft_Jon_boat - 09-01-2021, 02:20 AM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by gstott - 09-01-2021, 02:50 AM
RE: Preston Area Water Levels - by meancuznalfy - 09-01-2021, 02:39 AM