Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fishing the Bay with the Slayer
(08-22-2021, 08:07 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(08-22-2021, 07:32 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: One thing I have thought about and I'm sure others would be interested in seeing, is video of your fishing trips and just how you fish. I have never perfected a good way to edit my video but I have a Gopro that I will occasionally use to video my trips. I paid around $100 for it and it takes decent video. I'm not sure that would be something you would be interested in but I think a lot of use would be interested in watching you and the method you use while fishing. Is it something you have ever considered Pat? Even video of you making your fligs and other lure would be cool, imo.
Musta been a hunnert times I have thunk about goin' Gopro.  But when I think about all that goes with it I return to my senses.  I have enough wacko habits and pursuits on my angling table as it is.  If I added in shooting video, editing it, Utubing it, etc. I might just push myself over the mental stability waterfalls.  Might already be there.

As you know, I always carry my little Pentax W-90 digital camera on a lanyard around my neck.  And I have a pretty good photo editing software package.  I pride myself on taking or making the time to record most pertinent parts of each trip...as much for my own enjoyment as to share with others.  I do like being able to provide photo backup for my many verbose diatribes on various subjects.  And since I appreciate the video efforts of others I am sure I could contribute some worthwhile stuff my own self.

I have helped DWR and others to put together a few videos.  And in my past (working) life I scripted, shot and edited a lot of stuff on various company products, policies and procedures.  So, it ain't like a foreign concept.  For some weird reason I just ain't "pulled the trigger" and gone video for my fishing pursuits.   But now you got me thinking that maybe I should had oughtta get with the program.

In the meantime, If anybody on the board already video-savvy wants to get together for some topical sessions I would be open to that.  Heck, I ain't bashful or camera shy.  Probably should be, but ain't.
ive found at a certain point, the line tween documenting /videoing fishing/skiing hunting etc. and going videoing and doing these things for views becomes blurred.
And like to find the line tween wanting and needing to pull out the camera to make what your doing count or just do the thing
if that makes sense
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom

Messages In This Thread
Fishing the Bay with the Slayer - by wiperhunter2 - 08-20-2021, 10:12 PM
RE: Fishing the Bay with the Slayer - by TubeDude - 08-21-2021, 02:46 PM
RE: Fishing the Bay with the Slayer - by TubeDude - 08-21-2021, 04:41 PM
RE: Fishing the Bay with the Slayer - by TubeDude - 08-22-2021, 08:07 PM
RE: Fishing the Bay with the Slayer - by fishskibum - 08-28-2021, 01:48 PM