Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1/29 AM...Love me some perch!
(01-30-2022, 09:06 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Dayfish-
I'm sorry you feel that I am stepping on your toes by posting up on the results of my day.  Just like everything that appears on social media, this was one of the few banner days sandwiched in between many more that weren't even close to being productive.  If a person doesn't understand this, they are watching way too many outdoor shows that edit out everything except the catch or shot.

Lots of people out on the lake yesterday.  Lots of people in the same vicinity of where I was at, no secret there.  I noticed some people catching fish and some that weren't.  Even if someone is in the right spot, that doesn't mean they're going to catch fish.  Lots of those same people in the area stopped catching fish when the school moved...and it moved ALOT!  So, they could have been in the general area, but even 10-20 feet meant the difference between catching or not.

One of the biggest keys to being successful, IMO, is being observant.  Whether it's scouting for big game or waterfowl, being willing to switch up your fishing presentation or move based on what you're seeing...it all matters.  Sometimes, I do better at this than at other times, and there are plenty of people that are way better than I can ever hope to be.

Right on, so true. I know some folks that were there last week and experienced the same exact results, they were fishing within 15 ft of others that were really getting into the school, when they came through and they did not do that well. IMO the reason you did so well was you were constantly on the move chasing them, that is something few of us are willing to do, once you get set up. Kudos to you for figuring them out. Also thanks for being thick skinned about those members that don't have the same thoughts as you, when it comes to sharing info. None of us are the same but one thing we can all agree with, is the fact that we enjoy getting out and doing what we love, fishing. BFT is a site where we all can come together and share as much or as little as we like, within reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rockport 1/29 AM...Love me some perch! - by Fritzfishin - 01-29-2022, 11:21 PM
RE: Rockport 1/29 AM...Love me some perch! - by wiperhunter2 - 01-30-2022, 09:37 PM