Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In my travels of piscatrorial pursuits and powders
^^^ i wish i havent been on the sup since ice off at the berry
hopin to hit the bear and git my poopfish on this week
At 57 years young i was definately the senior gray wisdom'd locked river daddy to the fine young kids aka perspective guides
i laugh cause ive been rowing the same boat, granted not big technical white water for longer than most of em have been living and have a few 100 days of fishing guide/swamper on the water summers
Rowing is like casting skiing biking etc
its a mix of experience, muscle memory, reading water and understanding ferry angles and your crafts capabilities
fishins is fishin and takes on many forms
i will always be a fisherman
but removing it from the river equation
sure allows you to spend that time on other things and enjoy the float and be in awe of your surroundings
Kinda funny as after i bought my 1st driftboat back in 97 i spent a week in last chance at Hydes fly fishing guide school
back then i fished hard and really needed to catch fish, so i was up and at it every morning, eve, and at lunch when i could.
  While impressed with my gumption and enthusiasm
An old seasoned guide said
youll go from your need to catch a lot of fish
to i just wanna catch big fish
to im just happy to be blessed to spend time on the water.
damned if he wasnt right.
Its one of those no one ever steps into the river the same
as both you and the river are in a state of constant change and never really the same.
Been a while and i cant find my copy of Paul Quinnett's Pavlov's Trout and the sequel Darwins Bass but both are good reads into the psychology and evolution of why we fish
Anyhow saw a few carp breach and them colorado pike minnows have been on my gits to eat the fly bucket list for a while
[Image: 20220522_070816.jpg?width=undefined&heig...fit=bounds]
saw some bait dunkers fishin for cats n such but no catching was observed
ran a few days of the colorado moab daily
[Image: 20220510_195749.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
There are about 20 outfitters running multiple boats trips from 1/2 days to full to evenings
[Image: 20220601_072902.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
and yeah 50,000 is a lot of people and it is not a place of solitude at times its an utter junk show
cept 1st light and late evenings sometimes
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][font=Montserrat, "Open Sans"][Image: 20220601_074737.jpg?width=undefined&heig...fit=bounds][/font][/color]
Most outfitters run stern oar mounted paddle rafts as most people want to participate and even on most overnight trips there will be a paddle boat, depending on flows conditions and operator skills there may be duckies involved too.
rowing from the trunks takes some getting used to, but having an engine room of piston paddlers when properly tuned makes these boats very nimble fast and managing the duckies way easier than loaded gear boats, and a big part of your safety team and protocols
[Image: 20220601_081641.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds]
i gotta go wage slave but 
tbc
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom

Messages In This Thread
RE: In my travels of piscatrorial pursuits and powders - by fishskibum - 06-01-2022, 02:31 PM