Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Utah Side Kokanee Questions?
(07-12-2022, 02:11 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote: Well things have sure changed here.
I will try to remember to not post my trip to the Gorge.
Sure don't want to make anyone mad by giving out useful intel.

I don’t think anything has changed, people have always been more or less willing to share information. I tend to fall on the side of having no secrets. I think that between high gas prices and catching being a little tougher this year fewer members are making the long drive over to the Gorge so there may not be anybody that likes to share intel with a recent report, there are very few recent Gorge reports on any of the groups and pages. The ones I have seen and the folks I have talked to seem to be finding more numbers on the Utah side this year but everyone seems to have to really search for the larger kokes this year. I have not been there since May but when I was there we got them on RMT pink plankton hoochies with a small Colorado blade behind a 4.5” sling blade. My rule of sharing spots is if I found it on my own I’m more than happy to share it on the open forum but if someone turned me on to a spot I won’t post it publicly unless they specifically give me permission to share it. I’m sending you a pm with an area that you may want to start your search. I encourage you to continue to share at whatever level your comfortable with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flaming Gorge Utah Side Kokanee Questions? - by obifishkenobi - 07-12-2022, 02:49 PM