Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report
Headed to Scofield on Christmas Eve. Roads to get there were very dry and the ice was 10-12 inches thick. Got to the lake about 20-30 minutes after sunrise and started marking fish quik in 16-20 feet of water. We would just wait for a mark to show up, drop down to it, and someone would have the prefered jig and get bit. Smaller was better and most fish were caught on a 4mm tungsten jig with small plastics on them tipped with a meal worm. And color didnt seem to matter. I was rocking a copper colored tungsten with a pink plastic. And my dad was throwing all chartruse. Fish were being caught very consistantly for about 20 minutes and then the bite died. A little bit of searching and hole drilling brought us to shaloower water (about 11 feet) and we would sight fish the occasional fish that swam by with a bigger plastic. Overrall great day on the ice with 20+ fish being caught between the whole group. I have a video link below if anyone is interested. It covers more spesifics on what we were using.

Video Link: https://youtu.be/QKhFfKW9PCo

So in conclusion, If you are planning on heading to scofield, earlier is better. The earlier you get there, fish pickyness is low. When the bite dies around 8:30/9:00 Fish will easily be pulled off the bottom, but will very rarely bit. So set up shallow and have a blast sight fishing some solid cutthroat. Most importantly, go have fun!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.

Messages In This Thread
Scofield Report - by Backyard Boy T.V. - 12-26-2022, 10:03 PM
RE: Scofield Report - by Cowboypirate - 12-26-2022, 11:22 PM
RE: Scofield Report - by Backyard Boy T.V. - 12-27-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: Scofield Report - by Fishonman3 - 12-29-2022, 07:44 AM
RE: Scofield Report - by War Beaver - 12-30-2022, 05:09 AM
RE: Scofield Report - by GoBucks - 12-30-2022, 05:29 PM
RE: Scofield Report - by Backyard Boy T.V. - 12-30-2022, 05:49 PM