Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another bad catching day, what is up this Winter!!
(03-03-2023, 06:57 PM)fishnate Wrote: With all the new water volume in my lakes, it seems to have been more challenging to find and stay on fish. Getting them to bite hasn't been too big of a deal.

Different issue for you guys seeing them, but not getting bit. Did you try aggressive to moderate jigging with multiple lures? Plastics vs live? And finally dead stick?

My last trip out was all about artificial and no bait, trout wouldn't touch spikes or waxies, but crushed gizzies/gizzila and jigging Raps fished aggressively. Trip a day earlier and a 1/2 mile north was all about bait and subtlety. Good luck figuring them out.

We have had decent luck at certain lakes this Winter but others have been just the opposite and they are lakes we ave fished many times over the years, in high water conditions and low water condition. We always try all the different tricks like you mentioned to get them to bite, except for the plastics, can't really say I've ever tried using plastics for catching perch. I've used them for trout and crappie but never perch, do you use some kind of scent on your plastics when fishing for perch?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another bad catching day, what is up this Winter!! - by wiperhunter2 - 03-04-2023, 01:30 AM