Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another bad catching day, what is up this Winter!!
(03-03-2023, 09:45 PM)FishfulThinkin Wrote: I've had the same problem at RP this winter. Last fall I caught so many perch there that I nicknamed myself King Perch but winter has not been kind to me. I fished there a half day last week and just like you, we were on perch and they would come off the bottom to look at our offerings but only occasionally would they bite and usually it was just one quick tap so very few hookups. I only iced 2 dinks and 1 eleven incher. And yes, I have been skunked at RP this winter. I'd like to blame the fish for having lockjaw but I know others who have caught decent numbers this winter so I think it's likely the fisherman and not the fish.

As far as RP goes, yesterday could have been just about the location and not being able to get away from an area that has been fished hard all Winter. With the slushy conditions and not being able to move around as much as we would like, that could have had an impact on our catching yesterday. pressured fish are just harder to catch. Could have been the same thing at Willard and Echo, the two other lakes we have been skunked this Winter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another bad catching day, what is up this Winter!! - by wiperhunter2 - 03-04-2023, 01:42 AM