Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitties gone wild @Willard
So I have not posted in ages but I am back and with an inspiring fishing report for whisker hunters and not so inspiring for walleye. Got a wild hair to drive from the town of Henefer to Willard 2 days in a row. Focused on trying to get some eyes to bite Sunday with no luck. Tried the inlet and holy shiot the water is raging in through the ladders. Snagged almost every cast tons of debris in the water lost every jig head I allotted myself for the trip. Went home skunked. I got an even wilder hair later this morning despite the crap weather I had a nagging urge to try again but with a b
[Image: 20230320-200325-HDR.jpg]

ait rod and a jig rod. Still no luck jigging. But wholly smokes first cast with bait 2 minutes in the water max line was screaming off the bait caster with the clicker on. Dang thing was a freight train because it broke my knot when I set the hook. I said "What? No way!" Thinking it was a fluke. So having lost my only weight for Catfish I had at the moment I used a jighead instead and just sunk the bait with that and another short time had my first fish landed. Kept repeating throwing to the edge of the fast current and let the jig fall and bounce around and bang another. Kept it up until I limited out. Cut bait was the choice of the whisker family I brought home.

Messages In This Thread
Kitties gone wild @Willard - by Lipnrip - 03-21-2023, 02:33 AM
RE: Kitties gone wild @Willard - by wiperhunter2 - 03-21-2023, 02:49 AM
RE: Kitties gone wild @Willard - by Lipnrip - 03-21-2023, 03:10 AM
RE: Kitties gone wild @Willard - by wiperhunter2 - 03-21-2023, 11:55 AM
RE: Kitties gone wild @Willard - by SkunkedAgain - 03-21-2023, 02:15 PM
RE: Kitties gone wild @Willard - by Tin-Can - 03-21-2023, 03:25 PM