Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL Bait Day
I used up the last of my last year's frozen wb last week. Carp meat has been working but I really wanted some fresh wb. Fished for them last week and could not find a bite. I was beginning to think the bug that killed so many of them last year had pretty well decimated their numbers -- not so.
I fished at Mulberry this morning and the wb were stacked and biting anything that passed their eyes. I caught a five gallon bucket full in a couple of hours. Most of them were males cuz my empty bucket looked like I had been milking cows. I got them all vacuum packed in bags of four and in the freezer. Should be good bait for a couple of weeks. It was good to see that they are still to be found in the south end of the lake in good numbers. The carp were a major nuisance, and I lost a couple of curly tail jigs to them. 

The few cats that I have caught this year have been healthy with big pot guts. I have had some good tugs but the cold water seems to take some of the fight out of them. The rip-the-pole-out-of-your-hands bite will come along as the water warms and they get more into their spawn.
The best is yet to come.

[Image: IMG-0155.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0153.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
UL Bait Day - by Boatloadakids - 05-02-2023, 10:31 PM
RE: UL Bait Day - by Piscophilic - 05-02-2023, 10:58 PM
RE: UL Bait Day - by hook_sets - 05-03-2023, 12:13 PM
RE: UL Bait Day - by MSM1970 - 05-03-2023, 04:29 PM
RE: UL Bait Day - by Boatloadakids - 05-03-2023, 09:52 PM
RE: UL Bait Day - by MSM1970 - 05-03-2023, 10:42 PM